Fashion in Fitness: My Current Must-Haves

by - January 30, 2015

"Never underestimate the power of a great workout gear. Wearing pieces that you love will get you more motivated and feeling your best."

I have my fair share of activewear and I'm going to share a few of my recent favourites.

Adidas
My bright pink Adidas ClimaCool sweater. Looks good to wear even when you are not exercising. The light fabric helps in keeping the sweat off your body, but it also keeps the heat off. There are special ventilation zones throughout it to allow air to circulate close to your skin so it helps your body to regulate body temperature while you exercise. 
It's a little strange, this sweater keeps me nice and cool while I'm working out but it also keeps me nice and warm before and after my workout.

Nike
I have quite a number of Nike wear, this is my most recent Nike Run Melbourne tshirt. Love the design that represents Melbourne and it changes every year. I'm sorry you can't buy this in store, you have to earn it by participating in the weekly city runs. So kudos to those who has one. Just so you know I have 4 different ones.

2XU
In love with my 2XU (read Two Times U) compression tights in tangerine. I have been wanting one for the longest time since I started running but they were a tate bit out of budget. Just so happen they had a sale online and I got them at 20% off. Ordered and came really quick. It also came with a free 4 week bootcamp session and a towel. Wasn't expecting that.

When I went into a store to try for size, I was told the tights rarely go on sale so it was my lucky day. If you are not sure what size to get you can go into a store like me to try on or you can use their size chart. It's quite accurate.
I read that a compression clothing is supposed to help reduce muscle damage during a workout by keeping them nice and tight, so no sore aches and helps you recover faster.
It's so true, I definitely didn't have the usual sore thigh aches even though I last ran 2 years ago before I had little Lam. Best buy ever.

Sketches
My Sketches GoRun(m) shoes. They are so lightweight and very comfortable. I was using my Nike trainers for a long time, it was comfortable but quite bulky. When I got this pair it took me awhile to get used to running in it because it was so light compared to my old shoe. (This was before Nike came out with their flyknit range)
 
They look good even for a casual day out to the shops.

All my activewear has a UPF 50+ rating (UV protection fabric). This is especially important for us folks down under. More importantly sunscreen is a must have for all outdoor activities. So slip, slop and slap away!
These pieces gets me motivated to go out there, get moving and stay fit. As you can probably tell I'm currently into bright colours (Hint: Pink!). 

Hope you too have some great pieces to get you going as well! ^.^




You May Also Like

0 comments