What's in our Mailbox: RESET!

by - January 09, 2015

I was really excited to receive this month's USANA supply. I practically jumped to open the door when I hear the mail man's truck outside.

This is what I've got.

It's bigger than the usual order because I added something special this month.

Tada! RESET!

If you don't already know, USANA RESETNATION challenge 2015 just started this week. There are programs you can participate for 12 weeks to properly lose weight and win the grand prize.

To join in the fun and set a mini challenge for myself, I got the 5 Day jump start RESET program. I'm not doing the program to lose weight, I just needed to reset my body after all that holiday overeating of good rich food. You can do this mini challenge with me or any time you like if you are looking to kick start a healthy eating habit.


Quote according to the guide provided. "USANA's RESET program includes low-glycemic (Low GI) carbohydrates packed with soluble and insoluble fibre, low-fat sources of protein, and beneficial fats, offering a clean break from unhealthy fatty, high GI foods."

So basically - good health food.

What's in the bag?

There are 3 flavours of shakes. Gluten Free. Wild Strawberry (my favourite), French Vanilla and Dutch Chocolate.


There are 2 flavours of nutritional bars. Fudge Delight (my favourite) and Peanutty Bliss.

It also includes a 5 day supplement pack to ensure you are covered on the inside too. 

Look at the number of vitamins and minerals it's got listed on the box. That's pretty comprehensive.

Not forgetting the RESET program guide.

 It's pretty simple to follow.

1. Choose a day to start
I would suggest not to start the day after a big night. I believe our body needs a good rest before it can reset.

2. Eat the replacement meals
All packaged individually for easy on the go option. You have Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, 2 Snacks. Plus as a Bonus snack you are allowed 1 serve of fruit and/or 1 serve of vegetables per day.

3. Take the supplements
Easy individually pre-pack AM and PM supplements so no fuss here on when to take what.

4. Drink plenty water
Drink at least 1-2 litres of water in addition to the shakes. Can't go wrong here. Needless to say we are supposed to drink at least 2 litres of water per day.

5. Exercise
Do some exercise like walking for 20-30 minutes everyday.

For guides to help you through different phases, visit www.usana.com/resetanz

The variety looks good and the best thing is you are allowed to have a serve of fruit or vegetable a day, unlike some other programs that is just shakes all day. urgh!

5 days is not a very long time. This is the first step to getting my fitness level and good eating habits back. If you are one of those people like me who loves lollies, cakes and ice cream, taking food out of the equation altogether for a short period of time helps the mind to focus on more mindful and healthy eating.

Hopefully I can get through these 5 days and there will be a brand new me.

Advice:
*** It is suggested that you consult your healthcare professional before starting any diet and exercise program. ***
*** Consult your healthcare professional if you are pregnant, lactating, have allergies or taking medications ***

P/s. I'll be starting this challenge in about a weeks time. Fingers cross!


You May Also Like

0 comments