A little visit

by - January 22, 2006

Sometimes heaven forbid the smooth sailing of a ship. There must always be plenty of obstruction. How unlucky when the circumstances have force one to redirect its route. Unlucky for me, I happen to be taking this ship sailing across unsettled sea.

This year I presumed to be better then the last, how disappointing. Things just aren't flowing smoothly. Where did lady luck go? Just when I need her. This year is just getting worse and worse. Where should I begin? I thought having a not so fantastic job was good enough to get me going, at least I don't have to starve, no more. Ha! For the past two weeks, bad luck had been my best friend. First, I left the house leaving that huge chunk of dingle linger ringer thing I call "KEYS" at home, locking the door with them still attached to the door knob as I happily close the locked door behind me and left. How silly can anyone get. After my happy hour outside, I return home with a not so happy hour when I realised what a fool I have become. Stuck outside in the middle of the night, reluctantly I called in the locksmith. There goes my pay for the day. Being stupid need not be proved twice. For the second time in two weeks, I forgot my keys AGAIN!! How wonderful? My days are getting better. Its funny the same locksimth even gave me a discount for my absent minded behaviour.

After losing two days of pay I was happy to return to work, too bad. With a disfunction bowel I was told to return home at 7:30am and force to consult a doctor before I can work again. So I'm missing three days of work because I apparently am contagious. My story doesn't end here. Being a weekend here, it is totally impossible to find a doctor willing to take a look at my contagious situation. What to do? I had no choice but to check myself into the emergency ward. So there I waited, and waited and sat and waited and waited, 3 hours passed couldn't wait anymore I ask "so when is my turn" you are next that is all I hear.

Advise: Never believe what they say.
So i'm supposely next, I turn to sit and the guy opposite me who came later then me happen to be next, he stood up and went in. What a bastard! After waiting some more and some more I ask again.
Unbelivable comment: There are more serious patient, you are not considered to be in any serious danger.
Yup I can understand when I see not a single soul sitting before me. So who are these serious patient? Only one conclusion can be derived from this experience. Medical in Australia is exceptional. They make patients be real patient. They are capable of coming up with unsual medical terms to make you understand their situation. They love to prescribe common drugs found in a first aid kit at home, For example Panadol. The whole visit was pointless, I didn't feel any better and I think I can treat myself and I can treat many others, just prescribe Panadol, the wonder drug used for pratically every illness.

  • Whatever you do, never ever fall sick in Australia cause you are doom to be left alone to wait and wait and wait more. If you have Panadol with you just take them, it is better then going to the emergency ward.
  • I will try to take care of myself and avoid returning at all cost.

You May Also Like

0 comments